When it comes to fast, affordable bathroom updates, many homeowners are opting for a tub-to-shower conversion. This project, which can typically be completed in a single day, allows you to convert an unused tub into a stylish shower. This is an ideal solution for homeowners who need a more accessible bathing option than a traditional tub provides.
If you’re thinking about a bath conversion, it’s important to consider the pros and cons of this type of change to your bathroom.
· Makes the Space Feel Larger: Depending on the shower you choose, it could take up less floor space than your tub. This will free up a bit of square footage, which will make your space feel larger.
· More Accessible Bathing Option: Older homeowners and those with limited mobility will find it much easier and safer to get in and out of a low-threshold shower than a tub.
· Affordable: A tub-to-shower conversions costs much less than traditional bathroom remodeling.
· Stylish: You’ll have your choice of dozens of style and color combinations, so it’s easy to find a shower that complements the other design elements in your space.
· Durable: Made of tough acrylic, our showers won’t chip, crack, or stain, and are durable enough to last for a lifetime.
· No Tub: The obvious downside is that you’ll no longer have a tub. If you’re hesitant to give up a tub for better accessibility, ask your bathroom remodeler about a walk-in tub.
· Could Put Off Some Buyers: If you plan to sell, not having a tub could be a problem for some buyers, especially families with children.
Choose a Trusted Bath RemodelerWhether you opt for an accessible bathtub replacement or a tub-to-shower conversion, be sure you choose a bathroom remodeler with a solid reputation for providing beautiful results. Since 1985, Home Makeover Systems has been a trusted choice for quality, affordable bathroom remodeling. If your bathroom doesn’t provide the style, functionality, or accessibility you want, contact us today to discuss your options. Give us a call, or fill out our simple online form to schedule a free, in-home design consultation and estimate.
Subscribe to Home Makeover's Blog